Thursday, March 6, 2008

Bright and Shiny

Silver and copper are beautiful when clean and shiny, but it doesn't take long until before they start to oxidize and feel a little gummy.

I think everyone who has silver should have a tumbler. I know, you probably think they are expensive, but I found mine for around $25.00 at Harbor Freight (my new favorite hang out). I purchased some stainless steel shot from http://www.jatayu.com/ (it is spendy but a one time purchase). A few drops of Dawn dish soap and just tumble for an hour or two. Things just sparkle! It also work hardens my chains to help their durability.

I would be careful with soft stones you are not sure of (no pearls or opals). I have put my lampwork beads in there without a problem. Always check the manufacturer first before tumbling!

Sunshine polishing clothes are great for a quick touch-up!

No comments: