Thursday, May 29, 2008

I finally got to play with some of the Trautman glass!


Things are winding down at the high school Media Center where I work and we got the seniors checked out today, the rest of the students will be checked out next week....then only a few more school days and I will have more time to create!!!!!! YaHoooo. It is always hectic around this time of the school year, my least favorite time, anticipating some time off to do what I really love doing.I did get a few hours to experiment with the new glass I got at the ORBS meeting. I concentrated on just one glass called Taxco and it's beautiful turquoise blue that seems to have an oil on water effect when used with ivory. I love the organic shapes and the contrast of the ivory (which turned to a caramel color and showed some webbing) and the oil slick blue which is naturally outlined in a darker shade of blue. Now I just have to come up with a name for these beads and post them on Etsy. Any ideas?

No comments: